Monday, March 27, 2006

I could have been a contender

I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. Just a bum.

The hits were spiking, and this blog even had its first ever flame war. Nothing to do with this country - nothing about rude fruit words, or shithead school management, or anything even bloody relevant to this place. 
No, it's fucking Travis Frey, that guy with the creepy management contract. Look at the comment section - it's my tiny piece of Jerry Springer in the tropics.

(Editorial note on the thread: I see nothing wrong with bisexuality. However, I do have a problem with those who compare it to the severity of Frey's actions. Memo to homophobes: fuck off.)

And I didn't even know it. I could have build leverage out of this. I really could have been a contender. But you know... I got distracted by issues. Such as work (real issues there), and marriage, and getting a new visa. So I lost interest in the blogging thing for a while. Just a brief while. But while any decent self-promoter would have built his slice of the rock out of the opportunity, I let it... slide. Like that penguin in Fight Club. It's gone now.

I'm not worried. Another issue will come, sparking even bigger interest than before, and I'll fail to capitalize on it again.

What I am. Just a bum.