Saturday, January 15, 2005

Comments for Cash for the Tsunami

Please visit John Quiggin's site:

I haven’t managed to come up with a creative new idea for helping the tsunami aid appeals, so I’m going to copy Michele Agnew. From now until midnight Sunday, I’ll give one $A to the Australian Red Cross tsunami appeal for each comment1 I receive on this post, up to a maximum of 1000.

The day's just starting in Oz, so it's only about 2 hours in. In this time, various people have added their own pledges. Now it's $3.10 per comment. Just Do It. And tell your friends.

UPDATE: John Quiggin asked about 400 posts in:

Now I’m appealing for some risk-tolerant types to cosponsor the remaining comments, starting at number 501. Why don’t you put in, say, 50 cents a comment. There’s a small risk that you might be hit for $250, but in the absence of a last-minute surge, it’s more likely to be around $50.

I took up the offer. Unfortunately, comments topped out at 470, so my contribution was zero. (What a way to feel useless.) So I'm going to chuck in $50 dollars anyway.